Unipart Group is a multinational logistics, supply chain, manufacturing, and consultancy company with headquarters in Cowley, Oxfordshire. It works across a variety of sectors that include automotive, retail, technology, health, and rail.
Unipart’s Conference Centre hosts meetings and events for internal and external clients, including room hire, audio visual support, and hospitality.
The purpose of the processing of your personal data is handling registration and attendance.
Unipart (“Our”, “We”, “Us”) is the data controller and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK GDPR, and/or other relevant data protection legislation (“Data Protection Law”).
This Privacy Notice explains who we are, the personal data we collect, how we use it, who we share it with, and what your legal rights are.
What data do we hold?
When you book facilities and services with Us, Unipart has to collect, store, use, and otherwise process personal data for any purposes connected with the event delivery, health and safety, and for other reasons deemed necessary for the performance of the contract with you.
Unipart may collect and hold the following personal information from you:
- Your name, surname, title, organisation represented
- Home or work address, telephone number, email address
- Payment information where appropriate
- Photographic images and video footage during an event
- Personal requirements relating to a booking – eg dietary requirements, which may include meal preferences or special dietary requests
- Information on disabilities and access requirements.
Why do we collect this data and on what legal ground(s) do we process your personal data?
Personal information will be used for the purposes listed below:
- To make bookings and for associated administrative purposes (legal basis – processing is necessary for the performance of a contract)
- To ensure the health, safety, and security of delegates during their time on Unipart’s premises, as well as their attendance details (legal basis – processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Unipart and in order to meet legal requirements in relation to health and safety obligations)
- To provide further information on news and forthcoming events (legal basis – with consent. Unipart would only contact you further if you have given specific consent in relation to marketing and promotions).
Who has access to your personal data and to whom is it disclosed?
Access to your data is granted only to Unipart employees who are involved in the organisation of the event. Where necessary, we may also share your information with service providers for the purposes of organising the conference/event/etc.
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for their own marketing purposes.
For how long do we retain your data?
We will only retain personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected. In practice this means we will:
- Delete your booking details within one year to align with requirements for holding financial information
- Delete attendance lists within seven days from the registration system and within seven years to align with requirements to holding financial information
- Where Unipart is the controller of the data any video and/or audio recordings for will be kept and maintained in line with the retention period required for that processing
- Where Unipart is not the data controller the video and/or audio recordings will be kept in line with controller requirements and then deleted.
How do we protect your data?
Unipart is committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of your information. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. Only Unipart’s employees who need access to relevant parts or all of your information will be authorised to do so.
Do we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area?
Unipart does not transfer your personal data outside of the UK and/or EEA. All of your personal data is processed and stored within the UK.
What are your rights?
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without providing an explanation
- Your right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- Your right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object to processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise your rights, or if you have comments, questions or concerns, or if you would like to submit a complaint regarding the collection and use of your personal data, please contact Unipart’s Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervising authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), at any time.
For further information please contact:
Unipart Conference Centre
Oxford OX4 2PG
Tel: 01865 384083